Strengthening The Bond Among HCC-ans
Sanjyog, the alumni association of Heramba Chandra College, was formed in the year 2015 with it's aim to unite all the ex-students of the Heramba Chandra College under a single forum. Sanjyog has remained engaged since its inception in the task of bringing all alumni of the college closer to each other and to strengthen the bond of love between them and their alma-mater.
As we all are progressing in our own life and becoming more involved with our career and family, we tend to remember our school and college days when we wish to escape from our daily routine, seldom we could. We also wish to recollect those lovely moments of our early life, when we were inspired by the words of our teachers and friends.
The association has been functioning very actively since its inception and has not looked back ever since. It was in the year 2015, when Mr. Amit Das Gupta, took over as Bursar of Heramba Chandra College, Kolkata and he appointed Mr. Debatosh Das Gupta as the President of the association as per the provisions of the Constitution of 'Sanjyog'. The dynamism of both the persons took the association to greater heights and glories in the passing year.
Apart from regular calendar events like The Annual function- ‘Voices’, debates and panel discussions, 'Town Hall' for students and Alumni Interface Programme with eminent personalities skilfully led by its committed members under the banner of Sanjyog ,Reunion Dinner, Annual Picnic, Blood Donation camp and Medical Camp . The association have also organized seminars on photography led by renowned photographers, workshop on trekking and mountaineering in association with Bhoruka Mountaineering Trust, followed by cricket and football Matches, Teacher's Day celebration etc .
However, alumni's vision is not only towards material sciences, but also in the realm of human relations, it is a fast changing world that we are living today. But there are certain evils which are gradually eating into the vitals of our society. Here lies a great role to be played by our expertise alumnus of this institution. Our association is making an adequate but sincere effort through all these activities to repay or even at least acknowledge its debts to the alma-mater and to the society at large.
The family of Heramba Chandra College, includes almost 30,000 plus alumnus practising not only in India also across the world. The alumni association continues to build and support the connection between college and its alumni. We hope that different programme, special events, and resources available to all it alumni will help them to stay connected to the college and our fellow peer group.
The vision of our visionary President, Mr. Debatosh DasGupta of Sanjyog Alumni Association seeks to reach, serve and engage all the alumni to foster a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between the institutes and its graduates; and to provide the institute with goodwill and support to uphold the ultimate spirit of Bramho Samaj.
Objectives Of Sanjyog
- To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of Heramba Chandra College and between the Alumni themselves.
- To encourage the formation of association as a means to increase participation of Alumni.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility .
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To Institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, attendance, exam result or other professional activity by the students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
- To undertake to organize activities of a civic or charitable nature as also to increase public awareness of the role of commerce in value addition in the economic and social development of the nation.
- To invest and deal with the funds and moneys of the Association.
- To do all such other lawful things as are conductive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives and/or beneficial to the interests of the Institute and its Alumni.
Sanjyog - Bridging the Gap
Ours is a college, not much old, with only a 62 year history. The College must have produced at least 30 K graduates during all these years. All of them belong to the same fraternity, but not all of them associated together. An alumni association bridge the gap, it brings in a togetherness among all. That is the motto of SANJYOG , Alumni Association of Heramba Chandra College. Our individual memories are usually very short, but our collective one may be a little longer. An alumnus feels nostalgic to reminisce about her/his College life when she/he recollects what she or he did a half century or a quarter century or a decade back in the College. Sanjyog is there to create space for all those nostalgic episodes. Sanjyog, it is expected, will become a data bank of the details of all former students, who all have been successful in their lives as success here is measured only by friendship at its depth.
I, myself as a teacher in this college, who worked only for a little more than 3 decades, is not an alumnus of this prestigious institution, but feel proud for my active Association with Sanjyog during last 2 years. I have felt that Sanjyog, though is now at a nascent stage, has got immense potential to become a strong association to portray as the face of the College as a college is known by its alumni, what they do, where they stand and what they contribute to the society.
-- Dr. Amit Das Gupta, Bursar, Heramba Chandra College